Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Later...

It's been a good run, but Northern Alliance Wannabe is hanging up the cleats (for now, at least –- I reserve the right to pull a Brett Favre at any time...).

I've decided to go in a different direction with my writing. With Wannabe, I tried to pretty much cover the spectrum of issues of conservative politics, often with tongue firmly implanted in cheek, and I hope you've enjoyed it.

I've had fun spotlighting media bias, the folly of nanny-state policies, the generally rampant corruption of Democrat politics, and the magnificent BS that is global warming. Over time, though, I'm finding that there is one issue in particular about which I've developed a strong passion and about which I believe focus is lacking. That issue is the protection of unborn human life.

Therefore, I am beginning a new journal dedicated primarily to that cause. Because the topic is such a polarizing and emotional one, though, I will be using a pseudonym -– not to hide my identity from the intended audience, but rather to prevent alienating any who may "stumble onto" the site (acquaintances, coworkers, ex-wives, etc.). Look for a new name on the MOB-roll soon -– I bet you'll be able to figure out my new home…

Thanks very sincerely to everyone who has supported me here for the last three years and change. Through this blog and the MOB, I have made many new friends for whom I am grateful. As you can imagine, the new journal won't contain a whole lot of humor, so I'll reserve my smartassedness for the comments sections of fellow MOBsters. You’ve been warned.

Take care, and I hope all of you and your families enjoy a wonderful Christmas and a blessed New Year!

6 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Anonymous kingdavid said...

Godspeed Dan. I pray you'll make an impact on a number of lives; but, even if it's just one person you touch, it will be worth it.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger W.B. Picklesworth said...

An eye peeled I shall keep
And look for insights deep.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Mark Heuring said...

Dan,

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'll be watching for your new project.

What kd said, too!

Best,
Mark

 
At 10:20 AM, Anonymous Night Writer said...

Smartassedness? I may have to revive my "Challenging Word of the Week" feature for that one.

Good luck in your new venture, and I'll be watching "da roll" for new entities.

 
At 1:51 PM, Anonymous Marty said...

Okay, if no one else will beg and plead for you to keep this blog going, I will:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
DONT GO
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I could go on.

 
At 8:55 PM, Blogger Leo Pusateri said...

So... blogrolling is down. Blogrolls can't be updated right now.

SO I have one question:

WHERE THE HELL DID YOU GO, DAN?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home